Sunday, April 25, 2010

Analyzing firmware file with IDA Pro

Currently I am analyzing and decompiling the code inside firmware file of Kodak Zi8. The decompilation is still buggy due to some things still unknown to me.
1. The processor used in Kodak Zi8 and the SOC(System On Chip) is based on what platform.
2. The ROM start address.

When I'll sort out these two things I can pretty much decode the whole firmware and can make changes after that in no time.

Just need to relearn my assembly codes to edit the firmware.

If anyone knows some info about the above given things do comment.

4 comments:

  1. Have you already tried the "ARMv5TEJ" as possible CPU of the Zi8?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the CPU but till I get the ROM start address I'll still need to search a bit.
    BTW the ROM size is 2mb as given in developer mode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool man, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to join the team.
    As I know, the platform should be TI DaVinci DM36X ( such as 360, 368).

    ReplyDelete